PetroDB – WEB
What is PetroDB-Vault?
Transform low cost wells into cored, tested wells.
PetroDB-WEB (coming soon..) is the WEB implementation of PetroDB-Vault, a fully flexible IP or Geolog evaluation command file linked to a 28,000 core plug database, PetroDB. Logs are interactively calibrated to rock-typed hard data to create a convincing and uniquely powerful formation evaluation tool. Calibration is performed via a diagnostic interactive plot which selects rock-typed equations and 18 parameters. It can also be performed externally in Excel for ad hoc calibrations in order to use exotic non-log data with logs, quantitatively.
PetroDB-WEB is being developed as a web based app.
PetroDB-Vault is a powerful, fully flexible IP or Geolog evaluation command file cross-linked to a generic petrophysical database, PetroDB. PetroDB consists of over 28,000 rock-typed, routine core plugs, SCAL, formation pressures and well tests. These have been intelligently cross-referenced to basic geological information, conventional logs and modern special logs over 25 years of technical consulting and 50 detailed reservoir studies. The power of this petrophysical database is captured during petrophysical evaluation by it’s interface with PPL’s proprietary Hierarchical Evaluation Command File “The Vault”. The Vault uses over 200 equations calibrated with reservoir specific relationships extracted from PetroDB. In-out switchable modules use the PetroDB data which meet selection criteria to calibrate that well’s available special logs including NMR, ADT, SSCAN and inverted log analysis equations to address reservoir specific issues. This PetroDB-Vault, logs to hard data integration, is not a “black box push button” process run by a computer operator. It is expertly tailored to each reservoir via a fully transparent, documented process which can be challenged and modified at any point by the team, a skeptical partner or adversary.
The PetroDB-Vault methodology provides an extremely flexible, convincing and uniquely powerful formation evaluation tool which may be applied to any well, reservoir or field, clastic, carbonate or fractured.
PetroDB-Vault results are definitive and cannot logically be overturned.
PetroDB-Vault is not “Black Box”. All available data is used and the integration steps are fully transparent, documented and agreed beforehand with “What If” scenarios run at will.
Prediction: the PetroDB-Vault linked petrophysical database will become the benchmark methodology for performing petrophysical evaluation.
PetroDB’s petrophysical database Includes:
– clastics, carbonates, basement
– routine core data:
flow zone indicator, hydraulic flow units (FZI, HFU)
– special core data:
overburden porosity & permeability vs. Routine Core Analysis porosity & permeability
pore volume compressibility
brine permeability at reservoir conditions (krw=1 for reservoir simulation)
Pc (capillary pressure) air-brine and mercury injection >12,000 points!
saturation-height equations per Reservoir Rock Type (RRT) / Flow Zone Indicator (FZI) / Hydraulic Flow Unit (HFU), oil or gas
pore throat size distributions
relative permeability curves
clay bound water (CBW)
capillary bound water (CapBW)
– interfacial tension
– rock type
– depositional environment
– geological age
– well tests produced fluids and k, kh
– conventional logs
– NMR logs
– miscellaneous hi-tech logs
– vshale, porosity, saturation, permeability, height above FWL (contact depth), capillary pressure
– shale total porosity
– normalized density-neutron separation
– normalized density-sonic separation
– bulk volume water
– bulk volume hydrocarbon
– moved HC volume
– bound fluid volume
– any combination of the above
– Client contacts PPL with specific questions regarding a well or field where data is insufficient to provide confident answers. For example, saturation or permeability are uncertain, a geomodel capillary pressure saturation-height function cannot be defined or a petrophysical audit is required.
– A hard data base of core and tests is identified by intelligent cross-referencing of basic geological information and conventional logs to assess task feasibility. The extent of the available hard data is communicated to client together with the defined Reservoir Task, Fixed Lump Cost and Time.
– When approved, PPL expertly integrates and interprets the found hard data to answer client’s specific questions.
– Finally, a brief Reservoir Task Report is produced including Results, Assumptions, Uncertainties, Recommendations & Figures. The process is completed on time and within budget.
PPL will exploit all resources at it’s disposal to answer client questions and communicate findings effectively. Expensive “Black Box” results are rejected. PPL will then endeavor to work with client to effectively implement the Reservoir Task results.
Fees consist of a Technical Consulting Day Rate + a Flat 5,000 USD per Task,
Interactive Petrophysics or Geolog licensed Software, “PetroDB-Vault” proprietary evaluation command file, PetroDB data base, 200+ equations, batch files & macros, MSOffice and Laptop charged at 10% of day rate.